Anti-slavery policy statement
Technur has a zero-tolerance approach to slavery and is committed to preventing acts of slavery and human trafficking from occurring within both its business and supply chain and imposes those same high standards on its contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
Technur is a retail IT supplying numerous customers across Great Britain and Ireland with PC components and peripherals, many of which are imported.
Technur has no subsidiary companies and has one website in Great Britain.
Technur has an extensive supply chain to procure goods and services. We work with a range of suppliers, subcontractors and partners each of which will have their own subcontractors, affiliates and associate entities. Technur, therefore, is connected to multiple entities (for instance in USA, Asia and Europe) through numerous contractual relationships across a number of countries.
Due diligence processes
- Made our staff aware of the Modern Slavery Act, including its definitions of slavery and human trafficking;
- Told staff what to do if they suspect a case of slavery or human trafficking;
- Contacted suppliers and partners in potentially higher risk categories to check what assurance arrangements they have in place;
- Commenced a revision of our procurement contracts and related documents to include prohibitions in respect of slavery and human trafficking and compliance with the legislation; and
- Reviewed our Whistleblowing Policy.
The above procedures are designed to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Provide adequate protection for whistleblowers.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our Company's slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 27th April 2018.
This statement was approved by the Board of xxxxx Ltd T/A Technur.